There are two types of search engine optimization.
- On page optimization
- Off page optimization.What is on page optimization?
The optimization which is done within web page is called on page optimization. Basically it refers keyword selection, title selection,
meta tag using, content writing etc.
On page optimization: here are some basic ideas, how to do on page optimization?
Content: What you write on your website is content. Remember that, Content is king
and most important. It is also given most importance for on page
optimization. You can’t think of a good position in search result
without quality content. To make your content search friendly you
need to follow these tips.
- Make your content helpful: A good content is always helpful to a
visitor. At first make sure your content is informative and helpful
for your visitor.
- Internal link: internal links will make your content more valuable
to search engines. It refers your blog has much more good contents. As
an example wikipedia.org.
- Attach images: Use relevant image on your content which will make
your content more attractive. Use alternative text by adding
alt=”Alternative text here” tag into image.
Site and page title: it is important same as content. Here are some
tips you should follow when selecting a title.
- Keep the title within 60 words.
- Keep the title short as much as possible.
- Don’t use unnecessary symbol.
- Make the title attractive.
Page url: page url also has a great affect on SEO. Try to keep the
keywords into URL like
Use <h1>,<h2>,<h3> tag: use <h1>-<h3> tag instead of Bold, italic,
underline because it will be better for your site as search engines
crawl <h1>-<h3> tags only. If you use google adsense then it will be
more important as google shows ads on your site depending on <h1>-<h3>