Hello friends this is our first part of the whole PHP Tutorials series. I hope it will be helpful for you. So, let’s get started..
What is PHP?
PHP is the abbreviation of “Hypertext preprocessor” which is one of the mostly used scripting language for online programming and also for data processing among different servers. Actually, it is mostly used to process the data and show in the hypertext markup (HTML) form. That means PHP manage/process the data to present the output in HTML format.
Web developers use that language to create dynamic (data can be processed automatically according to the provided program) web pages. That means you don’t have to input the data manually which you have to do for the HTML language. If we go to the details we can apologize for its following tasks of PHP codes which PHP performs for a website:
- Establishing dynamic web pages.
- Sharing(gathering/supplying) information with the server.
- Create, open, edit, add, delete and change the file type.
- Warn/request your user or reader for different purposes.
Helpful tools for learning PHP:
- Server & database management system: can be created by the Xamp software.
- Editing tools: Notepad, Notepad++, Dreamwaver, etc.
How to start learning PHP?
Because of being a sensitive server-side scripting language few configurations/softwares are required to learn PHP. At the beginning to learn PHP you need to download the xampp software from this link and then follow the following steps: 1. Install the xampp software in the C Drive of your computer(you may download it anywhere but C-Drive is recommended because this will help you to match with maximum tutors that you find in online or offline).
2. Then open the xampp software (from your desktop or from C drive) and click over the Apache(HTTP web server) and Mysql(database management system).
3. Now, open your browser and copy paste this link http://localhost. 4. Then the following page will open. Click on the “English” or any other preferable language you want.
If you can find that page then you can assure that you have done everything correctly. After doing those procedure your PC will act as the local server.